Advantages of Outsourcing Radiology Transcription
Outsourced radiology transcription services have become popular as doctors are looking for ways to cut costs and enhance quality of patient care. By choosing a reputed transcription service provider, doctors can get timely, accurate reports, without having to worry about the security of patient health data.
- Number of radiologists is rising by 2% per year (in RVU) in the US but workload for radiologists is increasing by 6% per year
- It has been predicted that by 2020, there will be a 140% increase in annual imaging procedures among Medicare population
- Healthcare providers can save 30-40% on transcription costs through outsourcing
How Does Radiology Transcription Outsourcing Works?
Clinical observations are recorded by the radiologists in their Palm-Held Digital Recorder. Once the radiology report dictation is complete, the dictation is transferred to the service provider’s personal computer through the USB feature. The dictation is then uploaded to the server from where expert radiology transcriptionists start transcribing the reports into written documents. After completion and uploading of the final documents, clients are notified through email. They can log in to their account on the service provider’s secure server and download the transcribed reports directly on their laptop or desktop.
Radiology transcription service involves transcription of SOAP notes on a daily basis, summaries and follow-up notes, medical history of patients, evaluation reports and all types of radiology reports such as MRI, CT, X-rays, PET scans and DEXA bone density reports.
- By outsourcing, hospitals and private practices can update and organize their radiology reports with ease
- It can help providers reduce documentation challenges and access the reports when necessary
- The need for hiring, training or maintaining an in-house transcription team gets eliminated
- Providers can enhance patient care by getting secure, timely reports
It becomes easy to focus on clinical tasks when an outsourced service provider is handling radiology transcription tasks. The time, money and resources saved through outsourcing can be used for other core issues. Radiology transcription outsourcing can be utilized by different medical specialties including, Radiology, Oncology, Pathology, Neurology, Research, Urology and Pharmacology.
Some of the other advantages of outsourcing radiology transcription services are:
- Quick turnaround time
- Enhanced productivity and efficiency at the hospital or private practice
- Enhanced profitability
- Streamlined clinical and administrative tasks
- Availability of reports in the desired format
- High quality of data
- Accuracy and HIPAA compliance
- Maintenance of patient data confidentiality
Since the transcribed reports are cross-checked by medical experts and editors before delivery, healthcare providers can be assured of high quality and accuracy.